beantwoord

Travelling from Delft to Antwerp

• 16 October 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 92 Bekeken

Hi! I have a question about traveling with the NS. I have the weekend free subscription and I’m planning to travel to Antwerp. I understand that I can use my OV chip and subscription for the part of the journey that takes place in the Netherlands (from Delft to Breda), and then get a separate ticket from Breda to Antwerp. My question is: Do I need to check in at Delft and check out at Breda using the card, and then check in again at Breda using a specific ticket? Or, is there an option to buy a supplementary ticket or top up my card, so that I could use this single key card for the entire journey's check-ins and check-outs? I was reading something about key cards and supplements but not exactly understanding this! I am also asking even if I want to go to Brussels airport for examples.

icon

Beste antwoord door Thom 16 October 2023, 14:53

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

No, you just buy a ticket from Delft to Antwerp, and take the 100 percent reduction for the Netherlands. You open the gate with your e-ticket and do not check in with your chipcard. You do need the chipcard to prove that you are eligible for the reduction in the Netherlands. You will only pay for the Belgian part of your journey. Do not forget your ov-chipcard.

https://www.nsinternational.com

To Brussels Airport works the same way. The supplement for the airport (Diabolotoeslag) is included in the price of the e-ticket. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

Additionally, the validity of Weekend Vrij (or any other network ticket) does not end at Breda but extends until the border. By buying a ticket with the "Free on NS route” discount, you'll only pay from the border.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

100 percent reduction is only valid during the weekend. On other days you have to buy a ticket for the fulltime price

Reageer