beantwoord

My NS vrijweekend subscription sometimes doesn't show up on international train inspector's machines...

• 28 November 2023
  • 7 reacties
  • 143 Bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hi everyone,

I normally travel to Brussels from Nijmegen on weekends, but because I have my NS vrijweekend subscription, I buy the tickets with the Free on NS route option. But that I can not undernstand is that sometimes when the NS international train inspector check my NS card to make sure that I hve this subscription, sometimes this subscription didn’t show up….and I need to log in on my NS App or on the website to prove that I have this subscription active!

Sometimes, these inspectors are not really nice or don’t have patience and they don’t believe me..even if I showed them the subscription active on the my NS.

Is there anything else that I can do? I don’t like that they treat me like if I’m cheating…

Thanks!

icon

Beste antwoord door Rory NS 28 November 2023, 14:37

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

In which train(s) is that? The international train to Breda or Breda to Nijmegen?

In any case, they should all be able to see it. I wonder if some of them don't scroll down far enough on their device, since NS Flex includes several (free) subscriptions so they may have to scroll down several pages.

Maybe someone knows what ticket inspectors see?

Hi Romy81 and welcome to the NS Community.

I can imagine that this is not a pleasant travel experience. Your signal will be reported internally. Is there a specific train where this happens often?

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

It is possible that your card has to be replaced. When it sometimes works and sometimes not, it is mostly the ov-chipcard that is malfunctioning. Replacement within two years is free. Normally everything can be made visible with some effort.

I am traveling with Dalvrij to Belgium very often, it always shows up, in both countries.

Reputatie 1

Hi Romy81 and welcome to the NS Community.

I can imagine that this is not a pleasant travel experience. Your signal will be reported internally. Is there a specific train where this happens often?

Hi rory!

The train is always the ‘NS International’ From Breda to Brussels regio. I must say that this is the only interantional train that I’m taking righ now, but yes it’s pretty annoying.

Thanks for your reply! :)

Reputatie 1

It is possible that your card has to be replaced. When it sometimes works and sometimes not, it is mostly the ov-chipcard that is malfunctioning. Replacement within two years is free. Normally everything can be made visible with some effort.

I am traveling with Dalvrij very often to Belgium, it always shows up, in both countries.

Hi Thom!

Could be... but I don’t really think that this could be the problem, since I renovated this card short time ago...

Reputatie 1

In which train(s) is that? The international train to Breda or Breda to Nijmegen?

In any case, they should all be able to see it. I wonder if some of them don't scroll down far enough on their device, since NS Flex includes several (free) subscriptions so they may have to scroll down several pages.

Hi Rvdborgt,

It’s always the train from Breda to Brussels regio.

And yes that could be possible, because sometimes they are telling me no it doesn’t show up and suddenly they sometimes told me ah yes now I see it!. But it’s pretty annoying because some of them are not very nice and they don’t want to take their time...

Badge +3

Inspectors can swipe left (or right) to find your Flex subscription details, unless they don’t have the right equipment or no mobile service (GSM-R?)

Reageer