beantwoord

subscription

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 41 Bekeken

• Op het juiste spoor
  • 0 reacties

Hello, 

I took a subscription in January 20th. In February ( 2Ist February) canceled the subscription( 380€) as I was ended my employment contract from March and I no more traveling in that route ,hence canceled the subscription. I didn't travel in that route from March.

I canceled the subscription in system. In February, I didn't notice in my invoice that the subscription is still active. In March, I noticed that subscription amount in Invoice and when I logged in to my NS, subscription was still active. I was confused why the subscription was not canceled. I tried to cancel one more time. When I checked after sometime, subscription was still active. I was surprised and this time I opted to change the subscription ( which was lesser price).

Today, I called customer care, explaining the situation. I was told that it's my fault for not canceling in machine. Now they helped in canceling the subscription and only partial refund (from1st of april).

- My question is, why I can't get 2 months( subscription amount 760€+ for 2 months ) refund? and I'm willing to pay the invoice of my 1 week journey.

- 20th Jan to 20th February- subscription

- 21st ended the subscription

I completely agree that there was a fault, but it was not intentional. There are 2 options, which says" change the subscription " and "cancel". It was wrongly interpreted that cancel option is to cancel the subscription.

Customer supporter told that I might have forgotten to cancel the subscription and now claiming for refund. It's not true. I canceled the subscription the as my employment contract ended and I moved to a new city.

Unfortunately, NS trains were canceled/rerouted during this period. 

Looking forward for help.

icon

Beste antwoord door Lorena NS 3 April 2024, 12:43

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Hi N.M and welcome to the NS Community!

You can only get a refund from the moment the subscription is terminated. Unfortunately, it is not possible to get a refund for the period your contract was still active. It is your own responsibility to terminate the subscription on time.

Reageer