beantwoord

NS debit for overdue payment?

• 17 April 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 53 Bekeken

HI there,

I cancelled my subscription on the 27th of March as I was leaving for South Africa, where I currently am. I am currently having issues with my N26 bank account so I have reset my PIN for my N26 account and it takes 2 days to verify only then will I be able to make the payment. I had assumed the amount would be debited from my account like all my previous payments and misread the email with the NS bank account details provided. There are plenty of funds in that account to pay for the outstanding amount. Previously the debit did not go through as I was transferring funds from a South African bank account to the N26 account and hence it took a couple days to reflect, which by that time the debit from NS had bounced. I am aware the account will be debited tomorrow for around 13 euros. Is there any way that NS could debit my N26 account for the 62 euros outstanding? I don't want to be turned over to the debt collection as there is plenty of funds available and the account belongs to my dutch friend whose credit I do not want damaged. My N26 account reflect that no attempt to debit the 62 euros was made yet the person I spoke to on the consumer chat said it was. Please advise. There is plenty of funds in that account and I am currently in South Africa so the payment from the N26 account will take longer to reflect by the time they verify my new pin. Is there anyway NS can just debit the amount from my N26 account? I promise it will not bounce. 

icon

Beste antwoord door rvdborgt 17 April 2024, 23:46

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If you received an e-mail that the direct debit failed, with a request to pay the outstanding amount, then you should do that. NS then won't try to debit your account again for that invoice.

I will make the payment tomorrow morning from my South African bank account however it will take a few days to reflect on their side. Even though they said it will be turned over to the debt collectors customer service said if I pay ASAP then I should have some time. I will notify them of my international payment and that it will take a few days to reflect I just home by the time it reflects before the debt collectors contact me. 

Reputatie 3

In any case, contact NS by telephone or chat. This is possible between 07:00 and 23:00 Dutch time.

Reageer