beantwoord

NS vs Sprinter

• 10 May 2024
  • 2 reacties
  • 65 Bekeken

I travel from Amersfoort to Ede-Wageninge, I used my OV to checked-In at the NS system with weekend free subscription, travel date is 09-05-2024. While traveling the ticket keeper told me to buy RRReis in NS app for 8.24EUR extra because it is different cervice company. Can I refund the money back?

What i understand is weekend free subscription is included Sprinter, is it correct?

icon

Beste antwoord door Daniel 10 May 2024, 11:32

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

You should always check in at the company you were travelling with, otherwise you simply didn't pay. In this case, touching in at Amersfoort and out in Ede-Wageningen at the NS gates/poles, you paid to travel via Utrecht.

Your WeekendVrij subscription would have also been valid for using the RRReis train, but only when using the RRReis gates in Amersfoort and poles at Ede-Wageningen.

Contacting NS is pretty useless in this case as you were travelling for free and there is nothing to refund for NS. Instead, contact RRReis customer service at https://klantenservice.rrreis.nl/hc/nl. They may offer lenience and refund the ticket you had to buy.

I travel from Amersfoort to Ede-Wageninge, I used my OV to checked-In at the NS system with weekend free subscription, travel date is 09-05-2024. While traveling the ticket keeper told me to buy RRReis in NS app for 8.24EUR extra because it is different cervice company. Can I refund the money back?

What i understand is weekend free subscription is included Sprinter, is it correct?

Weekend Free is valid for all trains within the Netherlands (except Eurostar and metro trains in Amsterdam and Rotterdam).

However you must always check-in and out at the machine of the company you are travelling with. At Amersfoort and Ede-Wageningen you will therefore find machines of both NS and RRReis.

You should contact the customer service, perhaps they are willing to refund you the extra money paid.

Reageer