eticket refund purchased from canada.

• 19 July 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 111 Bekeken

Hoping to get some insight,

I had booked an eticket for 4 people to travel on July 5th, Amsterdam to Maastricht €38 to be used during “ off hours “

However do to the storm on July 5th no trains were departing, so I booked new tickets to depart on July 6th.

I am trying to get a refund for the unused tickets from July 5th, when trying to do so on the website, it doesn’t indicate Canada  as an option, also it request for a bank account number ( I paid by credit card ) I did the “ chat “ option, but it was of no help, it refered me to the page that seems to work only for Europe.

Anyone know of an en email adress that I can send my information to? Or any other solutions?

5 reacties

https://www.ns.nl/en/customer-service/other-items/compensation-storm-poly.html

• If you bought a new ticket on 6 July to continue your journey scheduled for 5 July, then you can request a refund for the costs from  NS Customer Service.

The most viable option from abroad is the live chat function, or sending a DM via Facebook or Twitter.

@slidetops,

it does not work for tickets for tickets purchased outside of europe….I am in Canada.

Good morning Coquitlam and welcome to the NS Community.

If the form doesn't work out, our Customer Service should still be able to help you with this, I'm confused why they referred you back to the form after you've mentioned that it didn't work for you.

They cannot process a refund to a credit card however, only to a full bank account. A transfer to an IBAN from a SEPA country is preferred, because an international bank transfer to anything else will have significant transfer costs, which are deducted from the amount transferred.

Reputatie 7
Badge +1

If the form doesn't work out, our Customer Service should still be able to help you with this, I'm confused why they referred you back to the form after you've mentioned that it didn't work for you.

They cannot process a refund to a credit card however

NS should look into that, really. Even Trenitalia can handle sending back the money the way it came, such as to the credit card used for the payment of the ticket.

@ Stijn NS and rvdborgt,

thank you both for your input, yes, unfortunately they do not refund credit card purchases, 

I will reach out to them through facebook, see if it gets any positive response.

Reageer